Preserving Marine Ecosystems
Directly adjoining Sea Life Park, is the Oceanic Institute. The Oceanic Institute (OI) is a research and development organization dedicated to marine aquaculture, biotechnology, and coastal resource management. Now, for the first time, Sea Life Park is offering a behind-the-scenes tour of OI that is ideal for anyone interested in the insides of a working lab, sustainable aquaculture, and preserving marine ecosystems.
ADULTS (ages 12 and older) $69.99
* Price includes a donation to Oceanic Institute
Buy your Discover Package, including:
3D Theater Show - Marine life presentation in 3-D!
- Sea Life Park Conservation Mini Tour - 10-minute introductory to Sea Life Park’s conservation efforts.
- Oceanic Institute Tour - See the important work being done to address various challenges in conservation and food production using sustainable technologies. This includes producing fish and shrimp for food supply, cultivating marine ornamental fish (such as yellow tang and “Nemo” clownfish) to restore populations vital to the survival of coral reef systems, and growing sea urchins to combat invasive algae in Kaneohe Bay.
- One Souvenir Green Screen Photo - Photo may be taken individually or by party. Each individual will receive one photo.
- Lunch - $10 meal credit you can spend at Pink’s Hollywood Hotdogs, Kaukau Kitchen or the Longboard Lounge.
- Park Admission
Daily – 1:00 pm (1 hour)
Things you should know before your visit:
For more information on sustainable fish for food, click here
- Park admission is included with the program.
- It is important to arrive 30 minutes before the start of your reserved program at Sea Life Park Hawaii
- Program lasts approximately 1 hour (45 minutes at the Oceanic Institute)
- Late arrival may result in the loss of your reservation.
- Participants must be able to walk short distances, up and down stairs, and on gravelly terrain. Reservations are required as space is limited.
- Includes transportation from select Waikiki locations and must be reserved 48 hours prior to arrival date. Guests arriving to Sea Life Park at 8:20am and 12:20pm must check in at the Ticket Office. You will be advised of the times and location upon making your reservation.
- Please bring comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Cameras are allowed.
Plan your Sea Life Park visit today! View our in-park experiences and buy your tickets online.
Anyone acting in a manner which threatens the safety of the animals, themselves, or other people (including; without limitation, unruly or disruptive behavior, or failure to follow directions), may be removed from the activity without a refund.
We welcome people with disabilities! Learn more