WAIMĀNALO (February 14, 2018)
WHAT: Mark your calendars in black and white! Penguins are at the heart of Sea Life Park’s first Keiki Sunday event of the year on Sunday, March 4 with A "March" with Penguins at Sea Life Park!
The celebration invites families to learn more about these fascinating flightless birds through a host of engaging games, crafts, presentations and activities. Guests will also be treated to a special parade through the park featuring some wonderful real penguins—along with a host of dazzling performers and participants from community organizations.
Two children under 12 will enjoy free admission when accompanied by a paying adult to any of the Keiki Sunday events, designed to foster a love of the marine environment in children.
WHEN: Sunday, March 4, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Event highlights include:
- Hawaii Ocean Theatre Show Featuring Penguin Swims (10:00 a.m.)
- Trainer Talks with Penguins at the Penguin Habitat (10:45 a.m., 12:10 p.m.)
- Informative Penguin Movie in 3D Sea Theatre (10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.)
- Reef Rangers Kids Club at 3D Sea Theatre (Noon)
- A “March” with the Penguins Parade (1:15 p.m.) including a Chinese Lion Dance, stilt walker, a juggling clown on a unicycle, live penguins and MORE
- Coconut birdhouse making craft—learn how to make a sustainable shelter for birds out of coconut husk.
- Ongoing scavenger hunts, obstacle courses and other learning games and activities—along with a chance to make your own penguin hat!
- Face painting and glitter tattoos for added fun throughout the event
- Mermaid Sightings at the Shark Cave (10:20 a.m., 11:30 a.m.)
- Penguin items in Park gift shops available at 20% off
WHERE: Sea Life Park
41-202 Kalanianaole Highway, Waimanalo